Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers
2006-06-20, 10:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 2006-06-20, 10:23 AM by gisborne.)
RE: Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers
This (and the instructions here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/in...140-0.html

) don't work for me.

I have a Abit KN8 SLI mobo. When I use the CD built according to these instructions, about a minute after the "Starting Windows" message appears in the installation process, I get:

STOP: C0000221 Unknown Hard Error

\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

Note that I have been able to install Windows on this same hardware setup, without the drives in RAID configuration, by installing to a single drive without using the SATA drivers (so I get a 128 GB partition on my 300GB drive). This works fine, but weirdly, I've tried a couple of different partition resizers after installing all the drivers, and after I resize the partition, Windows becomes quite unstable.

I've also tried a third 300GB SATA drive, with similar results.

What's weird is that I can install the drivers into Windows once it's installed, and it will see the full 300GB and so on, but any attempt to use them in the installer process (either slipstreamed or via floppy disk) crashes the installer at this same point. I've tried various drivers from both the Abit and Nvidia's sites, always with the same results.

I've been trying to get this working for a couple of weeks now. I'm using dual Maxtor SATA Ultra 16 300GB in mirror configuration. 2GB RAM (top quality RAM, that I've tested), and a new DVD drive (also tried a different DVD drive).

Just so it's clear: following the instructions here, I loaded the IDE/XP/legacy drivers, then set nvatabus to Bad controller. I also loaded up the SMBus, Network, Audio and Nvidia video drivers (I have a 7900GT). Oh, and I've previously slipstreamed SP2 into the install directory.

Please help!

Messages In This Thread
Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers - by - 2006-01-31, 11:46 AM
RE: Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers - by gisborne - 2006-06-20, 10:21 AM