Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers
2006-06-21, 07:36 AM,
RE: Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers
Fernando Wrote:
gisborne Wrote:I have a Abit KN8 SLI mobo. When I use the CD built according to these instructions, about a minute after the "Starting Windows" message appears in the installation process, I get:
STOP: C0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll
Please help!
Some ideas:
1. Are your RAM sticks rock stable?
2. Is your XP SP2 CD "clean" (fresh created and not manipulated) and proper burned?
3. If your Maxtor hdd's are SATA2 ones, did you look for a firmware update or alternatively have you jumpered them to SATA1?
4. Is your Raid array "healthy" (shown at second boot screen)?
5. Have you unplugged all non-Raid hdd's and USB devices before you started the install?
6. Do you really have only 1 MBR on drive C:?
If all your answers are "yes", you should do the following:
Try to install the original XP CD by hitting F6 and presenting the SataRaid drivers off the nForce chipset driver package 6.53. If the install fails, you have a hardware problem, that has nothing to do with the nForce driver integration.
Thanks. My RAM is stable. I used a fresh copy of my XP CD. Nothing in the specs of my Maxtor SATA drives mentions SATA2. I've also had the same problem with a Samsung drive (unable to access the whole drive, even outside of a RAID configuration). The RAID array shows healthy at the second boot screen. I only have the two HDs and a DVD drive plugged in.

I've no idea if I have only one MBR on C or how I would tell or remedy the situation. I would use the Recovery Console to look into this, but the RC would only be able to see the drive if I could load SATA drivers, which of course, I can't. But when I turned on RAID, and erased the drives, would that not have fixed this?

Please note that without the RAID turned on, I've been able to install XP, SP2 and all the updates, along with a whole bunch of software, in the first 128GB of the drive. I've used the system, played Far Cry and other games for some time, and generally pounded on it, with no problems whatever. The only time this system fails is when I try to use SATA drivers. And then, it fails immediately. For this reason, I'm fairly convinced that the drivers are the problem.

Messages In This Thread
Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers - by - 2006-01-31, 11:46 AM
RE: Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers - by gisborne - 2006-06-21, 07:36 AM