Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers
2006-06-21, 10:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 2006-06-21, 10:56 AM by Fernando.)
RE:      Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers
gisborne Wrote:I'm sorry: 6.53? Your original post seems to propose I use 6.70, which I did via slipstreaming. I'll try the F6 route.

Also: I've tried all kinds of permutations with both nlite and wucc. The latter offers the "Bad driver" right click option, but I don't see something similar in nLite. It would be helpful to understand what that is doing and why it is (supposed to be) helpful.

Edit: or is it 6.85, which is described as being for "mainboards with nForce4 AMD/Intel SLI x16 chipset". I find that confusing: surely, AMD and Intel chipsets don't both use the same driver?
1. All chipset driver packages with a version number of 6.66 or higher will cause an endless reboot at the end of the OS installation, if you have an nForce SataRaid system and try to install them during setup by hitting F6 (for details look into my guide). That is the reason, why I suggested to try the F6 installation with SataRaid drivers off the old 6.53 package. It's just for testing your system and to find the reason for your problems.
2. nLite and CD Creator are different tools with different methods to prevent the "endless reboot effect" after the integration of the actual nForce SataRaid drivers. While nForce manipulates the MS standard IDE drivers, the CD Creator enhances the nForce driver integration by the so called OemInfFiles method, which is the best I know (for details have a look into my first post).
3. Yes, there are a lot of different nForce chipsets (not only AMD/Intel) and all need the same nForce SataRaid drivers named NVRAID.SYS and NVATABUS.SYS. The decision, if a chipset can use the driver or not, is only implemented within the special INF file, which contains the install informations of the related driver.

gisborne Wrote:Reading up on the original discovery about how to do this, I'm still somewhat confused, but in the Recovery console, I see that \Windows\OEMDIR has nvatabus.sys, along with all the other driver files I installed. Is there a file I can edit to get Windows to load this file?
This folder is created by the CD Creator using the OemInfFiles method for the "bad" NVATABUS driver. After the complete and successful install this OEMDIR folder is not needed any more and can be deleted. I don't know a way to repair a failed installation by using these files.

Important information for all users:
After a lot of tests within the last days I detected, that the best nForce chipset driver package for the nForce Sataraid driver integration is the one for Vista Beta2! This brandnew package seems to be not only the best choice for W2k, XP, W2k3 and Vista, but also fully compatible to all of the various nForce chipsets!
As a consequence I have modified my guide within the first post of this thread.

My current system:
MB: ASUS P5B-E Plus BIOS: 0617
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6750
RAM: 4x1024 MB Corsair DDR-2 CL4 800 Mhz
HD: 2x250 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Intel ICH8 Raid0
PSU: ATX Xilence Power 600W
VIDEO: Gainward 256 MB Bliss 8600GT PCX

Messages In This Thread
Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers - by - 2006-01-31, 11:46 AM
RE:      Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers - by Fernando - 2006-06-21, 10:32 AM