Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers
2006-06-22, 07:38 AM,
RE:  Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers
gisborne Wrote:I tried turning on boot logging, but I don't appear to have a ntbtlog.txt when I then go into the recovery console.
I turned on debugging, but it just crashes right away.
I'm surprised there isn't some way to fix this from the console. Presumably, there is a file somewhere that tells Windows to load the driver. Or perhaps I can delete the driver it is wrongly trying to use instead. If you would tell me more about this driver conflict and how we are working around it, perhaps I can work out another way around it.
If you want, you can verify, if the nForce SataRaid driver NVATABUS.SYS has been correctly installed:
Open the file SETUPAPI.LOG (to find in the WINDOWS root of the fresh installed partition) and search (use the search function of the menue bar) for "NVATABUS" and "NVIDIA NFORCE4 SERIAL ATA CONTROLLER". Then you can read, if this correct and required driver has been installed or the wrong one named "STANDARD DUAL CHANNEL PCI IDE CONTROLLER".
You cannot repair a hardware issue by using the recovery console.
My current system:
MB: ASUS P5B-E Plus BIOS: 0617
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6750
RAM: 4x1024 MB Corsair DDR-2 CL4 800 Mhz
HD: 2x250 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Intel ICH8 Raid0
PSU: ATX Xilence Power 600W
VIDEO: Gainward 256 MB Bliss 8600GT PCX

Messages In This Thread
Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers - by - 2006-01-31, 11:46 AM
RE:  Integration of nForce SataRaid drivers - by Fernando - 2006-06-22, 07:38 AM