Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Renaming
2007-05-04, 12:30 AM,
File Renaming
Vitali, does the Creator do any renaming of files? All that I have done is added drivers (and it got them all). I have not hit the "Save" button at the "Done" process because I don't want to modify the Source beyond adding drivers (and the program may not do that anyway).

I'm using a command line utility called HFSLIP to fully slipsteam hotfixes. It looks like my file re-naming problem is the ISO creation program (UltraISO), and I don't think it is the CD Creator, but I'm just checking.

Is it okay that I do not hit the "Save" button at the "Done" stage? I think so, because the textmode drivers are getting added in the OEM folder, and winnt.sif is being created. Thanks
2007-05-04, 11:32 AM,
RE: File Renaming
PVU Wrote:Vitali, does the Creator do any renaming of files?
Only if you using tab "Mod"
PVU Wrote:All that I have done is added drivers (and it got them all). I have not hit the "Save" button at the "Done" process because I don't want to modify the Source beyond adding drivers (and the program may not do that anyway).

I'm using a command line utility called HFSLIP to fully slipsteam hotfixes. It looks like my file re-naming problem is the ISO creation program (UltraISO), and I don't think it is the CD Creator, but I'm just checking.
Sorry, I don't understand the question Sad

PVU Wrote:Is it okay that I do not hit the "Save" button at the "Done" stage?
Yes, and no. If you have added or removed Driver, User, Soft, Hotix or moded file, creator pressed "save" automatically.
PVU Wrote:I think so, because the textmode drivers are getting added in the OEM folder, and winnt.sif is being created.
If "Save" pressed, automatically or not, follow files are rewrited:
settings.txt
i386\winnt.sif
i386\svcpack.in_ :only if tab "Hotfixes" anything contained
$oem$\$$\runonceex.js :only if you added soft
$oem$\$$\konten.js :only if you added user
Vitali

[Image: wucdcreator.png]
[Image: winfuture.png]
[Image: mysoft.gif]
2007-05-05, 08:39 PM,
Vitali Wrote:If you have added or removed Driver, User, Soft, Hotix or moded file, creator pressed "save" automatically...

If "Save" pressed, automatically or not, follow files are rewrited:
settings.txt
i386\winnt.sif
i386\svcpack.in_ :only if tab "Hotfixes" anything contained
$oem$\$$\runonceex.js :only if you added soft
$oem$\$$\konten.js :only if you added user
Thanks, V. You confirmed my thinking.

I was having an issue with files being renamed that were created by the hotfix slipstream command-line utility HFSLIP. It was coming from my ISO image creation software. I didn't really think it was the Creator.

But you also answered some of the other questions I had.
2007-05-06, 11:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 2007-05-06, 11:05 AM by Vitali.)
Do you use UltraISO for creating bootable ISO ?
Vitali

[Image: wucdcreator.png]
[Image: winfuture.png]
[Image: mysoft.gif]
2007-05-08, 04:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 2007-05-08, 04:24 AM by PVU.)
I was using WinISO. I think that was my biggest problem. Then I gave UltraISO a shot. The UltraISO re-named files also. However, I was working with an ISO image originally created by WinISO. I deleted files, then added files, then saved. I thought the re-compiling would take care of the issue, but it might have retained the original WinISO formatting, so I'm not ready to blame it on UltraISO.

HFSLIP has an ISO image creation solution also, so I ended-up going that route. But I bet I could use the Creator, or do a fresh/virgin ISO with UltraISO.

It looks like the ISO creation by the CD Creator might be very similar to the HFSLIP solution.